Accountax School of Business
A Profile in Education
Vocational and Career Studies
Vocational Education and Career Studies
The school will promotes training in programs leading to demand occupations and within targeted industries.
These programs are designed to:
· Encourage students to be creative in a free style learning environment
· Help students graduate to higher levels of education
· Promote skill attainment
· Provide continuing education for the adult learner and other professionals
It is the goal of the institution to:
· equip students aspiring to meet industry standards for working in the business environments.
· become business professionals
· encourage students in to pursue continuing education
Our objective is to provide the academic tools for skill development while continuing to strengthen and motivate our students.
The following programs are listed under the category and target industry of Business and Professional Services:
Enrolled Agent Review Program
Agents ( EAs) are tax practitioners with technical expertise in taxation
and are fully authorized to represent taxpayers before all
administrative levels of the Internal revenue Service including audits
collections and appeals. Only Enrolled Agents, Attorneys, and CPA's are
licensed to practice before the IRS and represent clients.
Business Law Clerical Program
This program prepares students to work in the clerical fields as law clerks, record clerks, and courtroom clerks. The salary for these professions varies according to work experience.
The business law clerical program consists of four courses;
· Law for Businesses- This course focuses on business contracts and agreements, transfers of title, negotiable instruments, promissory notes, and other business documents.
· Personal Law –This course focuses on laws that affect our interactions and involvement with personal contractual obligations.
· Consumer Law- This course focuses on consumer and debt protection laws.
Business Communications-This course teaches students effective communication. It addresses communication with diversity and appropriate grammatical skills. The course encompasses all types of writing, communication, and technology skills needed to successfully function in the workplace.
General Business Program
Business clerks or assistants are in high demand in every profession; accounting firms, law firms, corporate accounting departments, state departments of revenue, investment firms, banks, medical facilities and in private practice. The salary varies according to experience and education.
The general business program consists of four courses:
· Business Communications-This course provides instruction on effective communication. It addresses communication with diversity and appropriate grammatical skills. The course encompasses all types of writing, communication, and technology skills needed to successfully function in the workplace.
· Business Mathematics-This course is designed to help students develop competencies in mathematics for business and personal use. Students will begin with a basic math review and use these skills in real-life problem solving. The course focuses on awareness of consumer-related issues and strives to help students become "more informed" consumers.
· Personal Finance-This course teaches students how to make good financial decisions in the global economy. It prepares students in living comfortable lives for themselves and their families using reasonable, economy-based calculations to manage finances.
· Computer Office Programs- This course covers programs in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word.
Financial Accounting/Clerical Program
Financial accounting clerks are employed in small and large accounting firms, law firm, corporate accounting departments, state departments of revenue, investment firms, banks, and in private practice. The salary for these professions varies according to work experience.
The financial accounting clerical study program consists of four courses;
Once a student completes the requirements for any of the vocational and career programs and attains a 75% completion on the examinations, a certificate of completion will be awarded.